Activity Director Training Course
This program meets the training requirements of OAR 411-086-0230(1)(a)(D) (Activity Services) for Nursing Facility Activity Directors and covers all required topics under OAR 411-086-0230 Exhibit 86-1 (36-Hour Activities Workshop Required Curriculum)
This activity director training course is a home study self-paced training offering the basic knowledge to fulfill the role of the activity director as defined in the state and federal requirements for nursing facilities/long term care. You can ENROLL and BEGIN this course ANYTIME!
Please Note: This course is intended for activity directors in OREGON nursing homes only. For information on a training course which applies in other states, please contact Melodie King, email@example.com
This training will explore all aspects of directing a successful activity department in long term care settings. Activity Directors can enroll and being this training program anytime! This course will provide the student with a basic understanding of documentation, implementing successful programs, meeting the individual needs of all residents, leadership skills, and professional networking. Course content is delivered through multiple avenues including overall analysis of activity program, client/resident interaction, onsite experience, homework assignments and research.
- State and Federal Requirements for Activity Services
- Activity Program Planning and Analysis including creative and meaningful activities for groups and individuals
- Activity Services Roll in Resident Quality of Life
- Resident Care Planning Process and Communication
- Medical Terminology, Documentation Skills, Orientation to Medications and Behavior Side-Effects
- Clinical Record Documentation and Taking Histories
- Physical and Behavior Changes Associated with the Aging Process
- Ethics for Care Provider; Confidentiality
Theresa Thorland, MS, MA, CTRS, ACC, Owner, Activity Director Certification Services