DEI Lunch and Learn: If Not Now, When? Prioritizing LGBTQ+ Older Adult Inclusion12/1/202211:30am1pm
Presented by Paul Iarrobino, Founding Director, Our Bold Voices
While many professionals in our network have received basic LGBTQ+ Aging 101 trainings, there have not been adequate training and mentoring opportunities to take this to the next level. This webinar is dedicated to helping us develop actionable next steps to move our communities toward tangible results with diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) goals. Many LGBTQ+ elders have faced a lifetime of discrimination, social stigma, and isolation, and they are ready for allies in our industry to pave the way for person-centered, culturally competent care. It’s time to roll up our sleeves and make it happen.
- Identify common barriers to implementing DEI initiatives, and chart the necessary course to foresee and overcome them
- Demonstrate how creating a welcoming LGBTQ+ environment can be leveraged toward broader DEI goals
- Review a sample organizational survey’s results and development of a subsequent outreach plan with manageable timelines
- Understand how to identify key stakeholders to establish a shared vision
This webinar is part of a 4-webinar Lunch and Learn series, funded by the Oregon Department of Human Services. Participants must register for each webinar separately. Participation is welcome to all professions and roles.
Other DEI Lunch and Learn sessions include:
- December 13, 2022: DEI Playbook: Learning the Language of Dementia and DEI
- January 25, 2023: Managing Bias, Stereotypes, and Microaggressions in the Workplace
- March 2023: DEI Playbook: What Leaders Can do to Create Winning Workplaces!
Disclaimer: Times, dates, and presentation topics are subject to change.