Nursing Home Administrator/Executive Director
Laurel Hills Nursing Center is a small 34 licensed bed facility located in beautiful Grants Pass, Oregon.
The Administrator is responsible for the daily operation of a Skilled Nursing Facility. This individual will utilize resources effectively and efficiently to attain and maintain the highest level of care for residents, in accordance with regulatory standards.
• Exercises ethical and sound leadership decision, delegates responsibility to appropriate staff in order to carry out the work of the facility, and holds department heads accountable for the performance of their respective departments.
• Ensures that nursing services are planned, implemented, and evaluated to maximize resident quality of life and quality of care with the integration of resident rights with all aspects of resident care.
• Ensures the facility complies with applicable federal, state, and local standards and regulations and that resident and staff information is made available only according to the state or federal regulations.
• Coordinates the development and evaluation with the health care team of resident care goals and policies in order to assure that adequate resources, environments, and services are provided to residents, meeting regularly with health care team to assure highest practicable care is being delivered.
• Ensures residents’ dignity and right to privacy and that residents are free from sexual abuse, physical abuse, mental abuse, corporal punishment, exploitation, neglect and involuntary seclusion.
• Ensures that personnel are present in number and ability to attain or maintain the highest practicable level of physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being for each resident that meets the state and federal regulations.
• Coordinates the development and dissemination of written personnel policies and procedures to assure procedures are followed in recruitment, hiring, employment and termination of staff and are in compliance with governmental entities, laws and regulations.
• Establishes and maintains safety rules and procedures that incorporate federal regulations and OSHA requirements to ensure employee health and safety.
• Evaluates, coordinates and implements the budget training each department head to adhere to the budget ensuring conformance with standards of quality care.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates fire, emergency and disaster plans to protect the safety and welfare of residents, staff, and property.
• Observes, monitors, and evaluates outcomes of all the facility’s programs, policies and procedures to ensure effectiveness and to fulfill administrative responsibility and professional responsibility.
• Current Nursing Home Administrator License in good standings.
• A four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, with a minimum of two years of experience in a geriatric setting and two years of experience in a direct supervisory position.
• Excellent written and oral communication and motivational skills.
• Ability to creatively problem-solve in both resident care and employee management situations. Individual must be a team player, well organized and flexible.
• Experience with budget, staff development and training.
• Good organizational and communication skills. Ability to relate positively, effectively and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents and the elderly.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Demonstrates basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications.
859 NE 6th Street
Grants Pass, OR