Latest Advocacy News
OHCA members are kept up to date on the latest long term care regulatory and policy issues through regular member communications, including the OHCA News Bulletin and OHCA Legislative Alerts. If you’d like to receive these and other member-only emails from OHCA, email Rosie Ward.
Members may also view the latest Legislative Report, which highlights recent legislative accomplishments.
OHCA encourages members to get involved in advocating for long term care. Members can advocate for quality care by:
- Finding Your Legislator. Click here to find your state representative, state senator, and representation in Washington, D.C.
- Writing a Letter. Legislators need to hear from their constituents. Well-thought out emails and letters let lawmakers know what matters to people in their districts. Please contact OHCA for assistance writing a letter to your representative.
- Making a Call. There’s a good chance you can have a conversation with your legislator or their staff about issues concerning you. Please contact OHCA for guidance.
- Inviting your Legislator for a Facility Tour. Hosting a tour with a legislator is a great way to share the wonderful care being provided in your community. Please contact OHCA if you’d like to host a legislator in your community.
- Contributing to OHCA PAC. Learn more about OHCA PAC and start contributing today.
Long term care professionals and members who want to get involved should start by calling or emailing Chris Madden, Associate Director of Government Relations, at (503) 726-5234 or Phil Bentley, SVP of Government Relations, at (503) 726-5260.