OHCA offers an energetic and well-balanced educational program to appeal to a diverse audience at all OHCA education and events. We are currently accepting proposals for the 2021 Spring Expo. Due to COVID-19, the OHCA Spring Expo will be held virtually.
The OHCA Spring Expo reaches approximately 300-400 attendees representing nursing facilities, assisted living and residential care communities, memory care communities, in-home care agencies and independent senior living. Our attendees have varying levels of experience in long term care, from significant to limited experience.
OHCA strives to offer an energetic and well-balanced educational program to appeal to a diverse audience at all OHCA education and events. OHCA’s Convention Committee reviews and selects presentations and encourages proposals from a variety of companies and organizations representing different points of view on timely subject matter. Submit your proposal here.
Speakers Will be Chosen Based Upon the Following Criteria:
- Quality, timeliness and value of content
- Relevance to the needs of long term care professionals
- Requested honorarium – in an effort to keep registration fees at a minimum for attendees, OHCA operates on a limited expense budget. Therefore speakers who will waive the request for honorarium or fees will be given top priority. Presenters who waive their fee will be given a complimentary registration into the conference and will have the opportunity to network with other attendees and presenters. Presenters gain visibility and credibility as a leader in the profession by being showcased as a presenter.
Suggestions for Topics:
- COVID-19 related topics
- Workforce Related topics (recruitment, retention)
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care (innovations, new advancements)
- Regulatory Compliance and Survey Preparedness
- Strategic Thinking and Innovations
- Quality Improvement Programs and Projects
- Resident Mental Health and Care Practices
- Life Enrichment and Enhancing Resident Quality of Life
- Sessions are to be educational in nature and presenters may NOT use a session as an opportunity to spotlight a company, product, or service.
- Submitting a proposal does not guarantee that your presentation will be selected. OHCA reserves the right to make final presentation selections and edit abstracts.
- Speakers will be chosen based upon quality, timeliness of content, value of content, and relevance to the needs of OHCA members.
- Presenters who offer to waive the honorarium or speaking fees will be given top priority.
Submissions for the OHCA Spring Expo are due Sunday, January 24, 2021. OHCA will be in touch with those presenters who have been selected for presentation.
Questions: Contact Melodie King, CMP, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 726-5227.